Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hawaii

We went to Hawaii for our Anniversary vacation. We like to do one every year so Micah and I can relax together and celebrate another year of marriage. This year we wanted to go to Hawaii, We stayed on Oahu's North Shore at Turtle Bay. It was such a beautiful place. Here are some pictures, I couldnt pick just a few cause I loved so many of them so there are lots of them.




Turtle Bay Resort





View from our room






These are pictures of the grounds around the hotel.








We got there on Saturday June 13th in the afternoon. We walked around the hotel and sat on the beach.


















Sunday we just laid out all day on the beach and relaxed. It was nice not having any plans and just doing whatever we wanted.





On Monday we went to Waikiki for the day to watch the surfers. This time of the year the waves are good on Waikiki. Last time we went to Hawaii we stayed in Waikiki, it was fun last time but I wanted something calmer and more of that Hawaiian feel. I think North Shore is better cause you get more of a island feel over there, and the big mountains and the lush vegetation, then if you want to have a faster pace day you can drive to Waikiki and hang out there for a change. It depends on what your going for I guess.







Driving to Waikiki














Waikiki Beach







Monday night we went to this resturant on the beach at the resort. Its so relaxing to watch the ocean. I can never get sick of looking at it. Usually I always see wild dolphins jumping, I know its crazy but I really do. I love Dolphins.














On Tuesday we went beach hopping. This is Waimea Falls, its right by Waimea Beach.







Waimea Beach, the water at this beach was absolutely beautiful. It was so clear, and I loved to turcoise blue.
















This beach is a perfect place to snorkel, there's lot of coral and turtles. This turtle was swimming right by the shore.







This is Sunset Beach








See wild Dolphins, there was so many of them. Its so neat to see them out there swimming together. We saw a seal too that came right to the shore, its head was sticking out of the water it was so cute. I went to grab my camera and it went under water and swam away. The ocean is so neat to me, its so unknown and so much life that swims around that we never see. Next time your around the ocean just stare out into the water, I bet you will see marine life.















Later that night we went to a Luau ar Paradise Cove. This man climbed a Coconut Tree to show us how they get the coconuts.







I love exotic flowers, maybe cause I never see them but they are so beautiful. The Hibiscus and Birds of Paradise are my fav.









At the Luau they had tables to make stuff and I made this bracelet with flowers.






I loved the sunsets there, they were awesome.
















The sun right as it was going down at the Luau























Wednesday we went back to Wakiki and went to the swap meet to buy gifts, after we went to Waikiki beach to watch surfers again and hang out at night. There isnt a lot of night life on North shore.












Micah kept making me laugh when we took a this picture, so we had to keep doing it over. He's a goofball.




















We saw this hammock hanging on the beach so we thought cool lets go sit in it. There was a couple in a hammock right next to it so when we sat down they looked at us like we were crowding their space. We got to talking to them and they told us that the hammock we were in was theirs. They brought two of them and hung them up, we were so embarassed. They were locals that were trying to have a quiet night on the beach and we came walking right up and sat in their hammock while they were cuddling in one. So we got up and left them alone but we all thought it was so funny that we took a picture in their hammock. Good Times.







This is Thursday morning sunrise.






We went back to Waimea Beach on thursday. I loved this beach, it was so pretty. I wanted to snorkel and jump off the rock cliff.



There I am jumping off the rock, it was so fun that I did it again. I've never done anything like that before it was scary and such a rush.
















This is me attempting to surf. I dont know if you call it surfing but I would start at the shore when the wave came up and try to ride it out. Its hard and eventually I hurt myself.







There I go, falling.







This was a water rescue dog that went swimming everday in the ocean with its owner. He was so big and fluffy.







Friday we drove around the hills and went to a little town called Haliewa.




































We stopped at Sunset Beach and there were 4 turtles just basking in the sun on the sand. It was amazing to actually see these animals up close. I guess there is a lot of algae around that area and they eat and then lay on the beach and soak up the sun. At night they go back into the water.































































2 comments:

  1. Mandy! What a fun trip! I didn't even know you were going there! I LOVE Hawaii so much! You guys are so cute together! I loved all your pictures, it looked like you had an amazing time. I was cracking up when you said, "this is me trying to surf, and then I hurt my self." haha that would totally be me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous. Looks like a lot of fun! So we have decided to have a little drill reunion with some of the gals when Naomi is in town next month! What do you think??

    ReplyDelete